Temple Cottage Booking Form
PLEASE PRINT OFF AND SEND THE COMPLETED FORM WITH YOUR DEPOSIT
In order to secure the booking the deposit of 25% must be paid within 4 days of your telephone call or email requesting the property. Receipt of the deposit will be acknowledged by email to the address you give us. The balance must be paid 8 weeks before the holiday is due to start – you will not receive separate notification of this. Where the booking is made within 4 weeks immediate full payment is due.
Temple Cottage is let Friday – Friday and is available from 4 pm onwards on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10 am on the day of departure. On receipt of the deposit we will confirm and send you some further information on the area and a list of restaurants. We hope you enjoy your stay at Temple Cottage.
Terms & Conditions of Letting
NATURE OF LETTING
Our accommodation is made available for holiday letting. Lettings are for a maximum of four weeks.
Please phone or e-mail to provisionally book your accommodation and return the completed and signed booking form within 4 days. Provisional reservations are only held for 4 days.
We require a deposit of 25% of the Rent Payable, to be sent with the booking form in order to confirm a reservation. Reservations are not binding upon us until the deposit is received in cleared funds.
BALANCE OF RENT
The balance of the Rent Payable is due 28 days before the start of your holiday. If we do not receive the balance by the due date we reserve the right to re-let the accommodation you reserved. Non payment of the balance of rent due is treated as cancellation, see below.
If you have to cancel your holiday please notify us in writing or by e-mail and we will try to re-let the accommodation. If the accommodation is re-let we will refund to you all monies paid less expenses involved in re-letting. If the property is not re-let, any outstanding balance of the full Rent Payable will become due.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
Unless otherwise agreed in writing, lettings commence at 4.00pm on the first day of the let, ending at 10.00am on the day of departure, allowing time for cleaning of the property between visitors. Lettings generally commence on a Friday afternoon and finish on the Friday morning, except for a weekend break, midweek or other agreed period. LINEN Hand and tea towels are provided. Bed linen and extra towels can be provided on request. We do not provide beach towels and towels in the house must not be taken to the beach.
We regret that, unless so agreed in writing, bookings cannot be accepted from groups of single persons under the age of 25, or all male or female parties with more than two persons.
The tenant agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- To be liable for any and all damage to the property and/or its contents caused during the tenancy by the tenant and/or by members of the tenant’s party during the tenancy and to recompense the Owners without limitation for the full cost or repair or replacement as may be applicable.
- To take good care of the property and contents and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition.
- To permit the Owners and agents reasonable access to the property.
- Not to part with possession of the property, or share it save with members of the party shown on the booking form, and not to exceed the number of people shown in the property description.
- Use of the home and any amenities provided to the tenant is provided by Owners to the tenant entirely at tenant’s risk, and no responsibility can be accepted for any injuries to persons or loss or damage to any persons or persons’ property who use the property.
- The website, correspondence and any advertising material are offered in good faith, and neither they nor any oral representations made by the Owners or their agents form part of any agreement. The Owners make no representations as to the state or condition of any property, nor to the position, type or state of furnishings described on or shown in any literature.
- If for any reason beyond the Owners control the property is not available on the date booked (fire damage for example,) or the property is unsuitable for holiday letting, all rent and charges paid in advance by the applicant will be refunded in full but the applicants shall have no further claim against the Owners or agents.
- All or any complaints must be notified to the Owners immediately so that an on the site investigation can be made and, if necessary, remedial action taken. In the event that items of equipment become unserviceable (including but not limited to) washer, television, microwave etc, the Owner’s sole obligation will be to use reasonable endeavours to rectify or replace the defective item with a broadly equivalent item, within a reasonable time period of being notified of the defective item by the tenant. In no circumstances will compensation be paid for complaints raised after the tenancy, by which time the Owner or agents for the Owners will have been denied the opportunity to investigate and endeavour to put right any such matter, during the tenancy.
- In no event will the Owner be liable to the tenant for indirect or consequential loss or damages.
- If there shall be any breach of these conditions by the tenant, the Owners or their agents reserve the right to re-enter the property and terminate the tenancy without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the Owners.
- The contract is deemed to have been made at Westwood Farmhouse, Westwood Lane, Longdown, Exeter, Devon EX6 7RX under English Law.
- The person signing the booking form must be a member of the party intending to occupy, be over eighteen years old, and certifies that he or she is authorised to agree the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted or added at a later date.